AMS Discussion email list
This is a dedicated email list for all things relating to AMS. Please use this list to see and share information on issues relating to antimicrobial stewardship.
To subscribe to the list:
1. Choose the address with which you want to subscribe to the list.
You should choose an address you can check frequently and which offers a large storage capacity for your email: some lists distribute many messages, which sometimes contain large attachments.
Of course you can subscribe to the same list with several email addresses. Then you will need to redo the whole process with a different email address.
2. Send a message to email@example.com from the address you want to subscribe to the list. Sympa is not a person but a mailing list management robot. Thus it is useless to send it loving words! 😉
3. In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe ams-ncas YourFirstname
4. Leave the message body blank.
You will then receive an email asking you to confirm that you want to join. Follow the instructions in the email. You will then receive an email confirming your subscription.
To Post to the list
To post to the AMS list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments/question in the body. Everybody who has subscribed to the AMS list will then see your email. To reply to a post, simply use the same address.
Before you post, please read the general Rules and Etiquette below.
AMS Discussion Rules and Etiquette
All subscribers to the list will be bound by the following rules:
- All posts to the list should identify the poster – specifically employment classification and place of employment or practice setting. Where necessary posts should also identify any commercial affiliations or possible commercial conflicts of interest.
- Members need to be aware that replies to any posts received from the list are directed back to the list, so please be careful in sending personal emails to their intended destination and not to the list.
- Please try and turn off any automated messages to the list, such as automated away messages. Whilst the list itself can manage multiple repeat emails from the same source, it may result in your email address being blocked by the list software.
- Be cautious when discussing specific commercial brands. For example, if you mean a certain antibiotic class, then use generic names rather than trade names where possible. There may obviously be exemptions for this rule (such as product recalls, or discussion of standards approved items), but please think before posting manufacturer or brand specific information. Be aware that commercial organisation representatives are welcome to subscribe to and post to this list.
- Membership by commercial organisation representatives will be allowed, but at no time may the list be used for advertising or any commercial purposes.
- Commercial organisations are able to advertise the following services on the discussion list;
– Educational activities that commercial organisation may be involved with or conducting,
– Educational scholarships that the commercial organisation may have,
– Research grants that the commercial organisation may provide.
- The list of subscribers will not be available to list members
Unsubscribing from the list
To unsubscribe from the list, do as follows:
- From the address with which you subscribed to the list, send a message to email@example.com.
- In the subject line of your email, type in: unsubscribe ams-ncas
- Leave the message body blank.